Thursday, September 02, 2004

"Try to Wait a Few Days ..."

That's the midwife's advice. Tomorrow, Evelin is 36 weeks. This morning she was 80% effaced and the midwife could feel some bulging of the membranes, but she didn't think labor was imminent or anything. It seems the baby is likely to come early, but it could still be three or more weeks before anything starts to happen.

Last night, as I was packing up things to go home for the evening, Evelin called suggesting that I go ahead and buy the infant carseat. We went with the Graco SnugRide, Colby pattern. It wasn't too hard to get set up in the T.R.U.C.K., but we haven't had it checked yet: I'm sure that's when I'll find out how shoddy of a job I did installing it.

The one thing that went wrong with it was, while assembling the canopy, one of the plastic canopy supports snapped as I was putting it together. Pretty flimsy plastic on that part and not the smoothest way to set things up. Fortunately, they said they can send me out new pieces.

Now, I just have to figure out how to get various work projects rolling so that I'm covered ... just in case the baby doesn't want to wait a week or three.

2 comments:

Anita said...

Dude (and Dudette)--

Sooner rather than later, eh!? One of my best friends had both her babies at 35 weeks and all was well. They were both small. 36 weeks is early, but fine.

I'm glad you bought the seat already. And my call is that your parental instinct is picking something up. Dave and I went crazy buying and setting things up the Friday and Saturday before the Sunday delivery.

one thing I'd recommend: get your changing station set up complete with pad, cover and where the diapers, wipes, etc go. And figure out where s/he's going to sleep (I still think it's a girl!!) and make the bed/bassinet for him/her. That's all we found that we needed: car seat, bassinet and changing station.

Everything else will fall into place when the relatives come and you put them to work. ;-)

HUGS!
Anita

T. Carter said...

Changing station? Argh! Something else to worry about!

Yeah, I thought I was stressed and about to crack earlier ... I! Know! Nothing!