Wednesday, March 02, 2005

I Don't Sleep With My Glasses On ...

Well, I have fallen asleep with them on (and broke one pair that way a decade ago), but generally I try to not sleep with glasses on, which means I can't see the clock that well. Thus, when I'm asked in the early morning what time it is (because Celeste is crying and we need to figure out is this a soothing opportunity, a self-soothing opportunity, or a FEED ME NOW opportunity) and I say it's 3:30 a.m. but it turns out to be 1:30 a.m. (and barely more than an hour since she last ate), I can't be completely blamed. The blurring caused by the astigmatism made the 1 look like a 3 for some reason ...

The other funny overnight story is that when Evelin put Celeste to bed a bit past 7:00 p.m., she told her to sleep until midnight. When she woke up about 12:15 a.m., I was very excited that she'd slept that long ... until Evelin pointed out that I'd happily snored my way through the 10:00 p.m. wake up. (Oops.)

Other than that Celeste did pretty good last night — while I am willing to grasp at any crumb of hope, I'm sure it will prove the exception rather than the rule. She woke at 4:15 a.m. to eat and then slept through until almost 7:30 a.m., and if I could have read the clock at 1:00 she might have slept through from midnight until 4:00, which would have been heavenly ...

1 comment:

Anita said...

That's why we now have two clocks in the bedroom. Dave is not so much on the waking and accurately telling me the time...and I can't see over at his clock.

Hence, my own...and it does make a diff to know whether it's an "opportunity" for soothing, self-soothing, or food.