Sunday, March 07, 2004

Cousins and Canals

Day two of the parental visit was equally as fun as the first. We had a very nice visit with my cousin in Georgetown in the morning; we really need to see more of her and her husband, but I find myself being swamped with work and then things that need doing around the house, plus I want to go here or there, that we end up not bothering to visit with friends and/or relatives in the area. It's bad of me, I know, but I'm sure it's one of my worse antisocial tendencies ...

After Georgetown, we headed out to Great Falls, which was quite crowded, but tons of people with dogs walking along the C&O Canal towpath. The Potomac was quite high and water was rushing quite vigorously through most of the channels around/through Olmstead Island.

For dinner, my folks took us out to Samantha's, and the food was even better this time than when we went with K--- and the singing priests were there.

Now everyone is overfull and in bed. I'm trying to stay up late enough to make sure that I don't wake up in the middle of the night (I'm still having insomnia as part of my couvades symptoms) but it's not even 10:00 p.m. and I'm feeling drowsy ...

Oh, and despite a disappointing a bad inning or two causing the BoSox to fall to the Hated Yankees in a Spring Training game, Bronson Arroyo had a fantastic outing allowing only one hit in four innings. This year is the year.

No comments: