Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Sleepless Nights

I don't know if it's a matter of I'm catching a cold, worried about how we're going to deal with a baby, thinking about the BoSox being 5.5 games back as they head to the Bronx or what, but I haven't been sleeping well the past two nights.

Very early Monday morning, I snuck out of bed so as to keep my tossing from disturbing Evelin; early this morning, I stayed in bed, but was restless for quite a while. It may take some extra caffeine to keep me going today.

I stayed up a bit late last night. Normally, I would be watching the end of a Red Sox game on MLB's Gameday, but the Sox had the night off, so I was watching the Canadian election results come in. It was interesting to see the differences in The Globe and Mail and CBC riding counts, but I really liked how they would track things in terms of elected or leading in each riding on a party basis. Since U.S. Congressional elections are based around the individuals and not the parties (and because the emphasis is on the top-of-the-ticket candidates), it probably wouldn't occur to the networks to track things this way, but it might make people think more about the entire government instead of just the presidency.

Anyway, it'll be interesting to see how Paul Martin (Liberal) and Jack Layton (NDP) work things out to form a minority, and whether or not they can peel off one or more Bloc Québécois MPs to get the 155th vote they need to govern.

No comments: