Friday, October 14, 2005
MC tagged me with this a few days ago, but it's taken me a little while to think about it...
- I can be amazingly unresiliant. In general, I am pretty good at 無為 (wu wei); however, at the same time, I can also be really stuck in my ways, pigheaded, and resistant to change, usually over things that are probably quite small and petty.
- I don't own many stocks, just a few that are part of my Roth IRA, but despite my small holdings I take voting my proxy very seriously ... and I get a bit of pleasure from voting in favor of stockholder initiatives that the company opposes, so long as they are promoting better corporate governance, human rights, or something else I agree with.
- Apple makes some fine tools for graphics, design, and video production (and, yes, Wintel machines can be buggy as hell), but I still have trouble thinking of Macs as computers. As Ratbert once said: "Don't lie to me Gustav ..." And, yes, I think iPods, for the most part, are overpriced fashion accessories; there are cheaper MP3 players out there that work just as well.
- I need to clean up as I cook or at least delay the start of the meal until the kitchen is close to being under control.
- I love dogs; I'd like to have a dog; but I keep avoiding the chance to get a dog.
© 2003–2010 T. Carter Ross