Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Loosing Track of Time

While on paternity leave, I had trouble keeping track of what day of the week it was. I might remember it was the 23rd, for example, but I couldn't remember if it was Friday or Tuesday or Sunday or what.

Going back to work, I knew that today was Wednesday and that when I dropped off my bike for a tune-up on Monday that the guy told me it'd be ready Wednesday the 10th. For some reason, I honestly though the bike would be ready today (the 3rd).

Needless to say, the mechanic was a bit confused when I presented my claim slip and asked about my bike this afternoon. "Uhm, it's not ready." "No big deal. When do you think it will be ready?" "Uhm, not until the 10th at least" (pointing toward the calendar). "Yeah, that's ... oh crap" (I descend into a rambling apology ...)

Technorati tags:

No comments: