Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Confused by Neckwear

Celeste was laughing at me this morning. Not because she decided to wake around 5:30 a.m., no because I had a meeting downtown which meant wearing a tie. My office is a casual one and I rarely end up going to work wearing something other than jeans and a T-shirt (in winter maybe it'll be a flannel shirt or a sweater). Since Celeste was born, I think there's been one day where she had the opportunity to see me in a tie, and that day I might have left for the office before she woke up.

At first she gave me the "Hey, it's daddy!" look (which is always nice to see), but then she wrinkled up her face and let out a little "huh" noise. I bent down to talk to her and she just kept looking at this thing swinging from my neck. Thankfully, she didn't try giving it a big tug or anything, but she did bat at it a few times.

No comments: