Friday, July 23, 2004

30 Weeks

We're in the home stretch: Evelin is at 30 weeks today so this baby is three-quarters baked and will be here sooner than we realize.

But things are slowly coming together. While Evelin was up in Massachusetts, we got a call from the HypnoBirthing teacher about a class. We're set up for a weekend seminar that squeezes the four classes into two days; hopefully, it will teach us what we need to know about birthin' babies.

Evelin's also signed up for a breastfeeding class and I think we're both signed up for a "taking care of your newborn" class.

We still need a pediatrician and a crib.

I also talked to my brother last night and it looks like we're going to try to either drive down to Atlanta or meet them half-way or something to pick up some things the twins have outgrown (swing, bouncer, etc.)

Evelin made it home from Massachusetts without any troubles. The flight on Wednesday was full, but she got a seat toward the front of the plane and managed to make it out of the pier and into baggage claim before I got to the waiting area at the end of the pier.

This meant I was standing around inside, waiting for her to come out of Pier C while she was already outside on the curb waiting for me. I didn't hear my cell ring or something, but I thought to look and saw her message. We eventually figured out where each other was ...

The other thing that's going on is the big new vehicle parked in front of the house, a Komatsu PC78US some may think it's not a practical choice, and we're not sure where the carseat will go, but Evelin likes it ...

Evelin's New Car

No comments: