Sunday, July 04, 2004

No Fireworks Tonight (Probably)

It's been raining for the past three hours or so, and there's little sign of it letting up anytime soon, so I'm guessing the only fireworks we might see tonight will be if there are any on television (assuming we don't lose power).

Saturday was spent cleaning up the mess from the Thursday storm. The gutters weren't too bad to deal with; the leaves hadn't had time to start to decompose, which made the job quick and relatively painless. Plus, since I was planning to mow next, I could just toss things off the roof into the yard. The one limb that came down didn't damage the roof, thankfully. After mowing everything, I was feeling pretty wiped out and lazy for the rest of the day.

Today, before the rain started, I ran out to the hardware store to pick up some paint and got a first layer of primer on the yardsale dresser. I might get a second coat of primer on it later today and then one or two top coats on tomorrow. If that goes as planned, we could have a place to start putting away baby clothes by midweek or so.

No comments: