Monday, July 26, 2004

On Your Wife's Birthday ...

... when you're leaving the house early to take the Metro to work so she and your mother can have the car for the day, it's not the best idea in the world to just leave the present in the bed next to her because she probably will put her big body pillow on top of the box and roll out of bed on the other side and never look back ...

Or at least that's what happened this morning.

I got to work and called home to let Evelin know where I'd moved the car (because of the sewer work, we can't park in front of our house -- or the neighbors' houses for a few lots up/down the hill -- after 7:00 a.m.) and I was waiting to hear something about whether or not she liked the bracelet. Finally, I had to ask if she'd noticed anything in bed this morning; it turns out not, so she went upstairs and found the box almost covered by the pillow.

I guess it's a good thing I didn't try this trick with a puppy or something.

It's an interesting Turkish bracelet, mostly silver ropes, but with a watch-face-sized setting of garnets. It's kind of retro, but kind of not. I wasn't sure she'd like it, but she did -- whew!

No comments: