Friday, September 12, 2003

Ill ...

Blick, ich bin krank. I don't know if it's just being run down from the stress of this week, some allergy, or what, but I am feeling icky. Last night, I was running a 100.4° fever, but this morning was back to 98.6°; I now seem to running through overwarm to slight chills, so I guess the fever is hanging on for a bit ...

A few other random things:

We went in for a beta check this morning; hopefully this afternoon they'll call letting us know things are back to baseline, and we go in on Monday to talk with the preimplantation genetic diagnosis (PGD) doctor. Of course the timing turns out to suck for me because I'm still embroiled in this contract publishing thing that is going to run over into Monday, but c'est la vie.

Also, I used the bit of German at the start of this entry because I've been e-mailing one of my colleagues in the Italian office in German. I really need to practice; I've forgotten so much.

A few days ago, the Swedish word of the day on How to Learn Swedish in 1000 Difficult Lessons was ogräs, which literally means not-grass but usually translates as weeds. That is quite appropriate for my yard; I should talk more about mowing the ogräs than mowing the grass.

No comments: