Friday, August 13, 2004

Don't Call It a T.R.U.C.K.!

Evelin is moving along quickly with buying the CR-V. Yesterday, she had me running through the MVA website to figure out what needed to be done for a private-party sale, and today the car is getting it's presale state safety inspection. (Maryland has an odd system where a car is inspected very thoroughly, but only when it's first being registered in Maryland or when it's sold; we have biennial emissions inspections, but no regular safety inspections.)

Yesterday, when I e-mail Evelin the steps and forms she and V--- needed to go through to seal the sale, I made the mistake of calling the CR-V a truck. When Evelin forwarded the info V---, her reply was: "IT IS NOT A TRUCK!!!" Evelin then informed me, "We call this car the Honda or the CR-V, not the truck. Thank you."

It's an SUV (albeit build on a car frame) and I still think it's really big, but I pointed out that when I wrote truck, I really meant T.R.U.C.K., which stands for Totally Road-Usable for Carrying Kids (TRUCK).

It got me a laugh, if not off the hook with V--- ...

No comments: