Saturday, March 13, 2004

Inner Food Snob

Despite both of us being a bit overtired, Evelin and went to a Pampered Chef party last night. A friend from work guilted me into going, which is okay except that the party was way, way out in suburban Northern Virginia. (I tease her that she commutes in from Ohio.)

The focus was desserts and the Pampered Chef consultant (I think I have the terminology right) made two quick pies. One didn't really appeal to either of us, but the other was tasty.

There are some nice looking products in the Pampered Chef line, but some things didn't look as sturdy as I'd like and others are geared too much toward quick-and-easy cooking for my tastes. (Although that could have been the focus of the consultant, more than something endemic to the product line.)

I know, I'm a food snob who likes complicated recipes, most of which simply can't be cooked after work if we want to eat before 9:00 p.m. It's a bad tendency -- and we do end up eating lots of quick-and-easy dishes -- but I recognize it and try to indulge my inner foodie on weekends and holidays.

No comments: