Thursday, July 29, 2004

Promotion Official

This is part of what's making work a bit stressful. There's a bit of a reorganization going on and, to make a long story short, I am now Editorial Director for the company. The promotion was announced today and becomes official on Monday.

It is the one position I'd seen for me to advance toward in the company, but, instead of being my sole job, it comes as an addition to my two magazines (a monthly and a quarterly) and it means my role with the division that publishes daily newspapers for tradefairs is expanded, too.

It'll probably be a little while before what this all means (and what exactly the position will entail) becomes clear, so the excitement is tempered with anxiety and trepidation.

In the end, I still think (to use a phrase another coworker used in a conversation with me that I think is pretty apt) I have more the soul of a managing editor. That role seems to well suited to my temperament and skills, but we'll see what the new position brings.

No comments: