Wednesday, February 15, 2006

(Tricking Out) The Light Fantastic

It seems that replacing the headlamps on the Hyundai is going to be an annual task. Last year, I had to replace both of the low-beam bulbs in mid March; on Tuesday, I was headed to work when I noticed that I was driving padiddle.

During lunch today, I added a stop by Pep Boys to my errand list, but, much to my dismay, they didn't have just plain H7 replacement bulbs, so I had to "upgrade" to H7 CBs. Yes, I am driving a tricked out 'lantra with "Cool Blue." I don't know if I should feel relieved or worried that the packaging is emblazoned with a "100% Street Legal" disclaimer.

Since I was going Cool Blue I figured I should put in two new bulbs so the look would be the same. (Plus, last year, the passenger- and driver-side lamps went within a week of each other.) The passenger side (the one that was out) was easy enough to change in Pep Boy's parking lot, but the driver-side bulb required tools, which meant cutting out of work early enough to give me some daylight when I got home to make the replacement ...

Actually, I wonder if Evelin's right and that I needn't drive with the headlights on all the time. Even though they automatically cut off when the car is turned off, apparently they don't operate as day-time running lights (and thus last longer).

Technorati tags:

No comments: