Saturday, April 10, 2004

A Few More Tasks Done

I got a few more household tasks finished last night and this morning: I installed the new light switch in the living room last night (now I just need to find a new dimmer for the dining room), and this morning I double-checked the taxes and got them into the mail.

While I was working my way through the various state and federal forms, Evelin was cooking orange-date cookies to mail to her father for his birthday. (I'm 99% sure he doesn't read my blog; if I'm wrong, I hope I'm not spoiling the surprise.)

I mailed the cookies and taxes as the same time, which meant a trip to the old Main Post Office in downtown. From the outside, it's a fairly small, nondescript building, but when you get inside you find several large WPA-era murals. It's not the post office I use most often, but I always like the old feel of the place and, as a fan of public art, I love seeing WPA/FAP/PWAP works.

No comments: