Thursday, April 22, 2004

It's So Green ...

After a mostly sleepless night flying from Las Vegas to Pittsburgh to Baltimore, I'm feeling a bit woozy, but glad to be home.

[Oh, and still no news about the amnio, but we did get our water tests back: Lead levels are at 0.0 mg/L.]

On the cab ride home (I wanted to use the express bus to Greenbelt, but I didn't want to wait another hour at the airport, so I took a cab) I was a bit overwhelmed by how green everything was. Not only was it a change from the pinks, grays, tans and drab cactus greens of the desert in and around Las Vegas, but it was a change from when I left on Saturday. The trees are full of new leaves (and the cars are covered with pollen), and a lot of the dogwoods and azaleas are in full bloom.

After a quick shower, I headed into the office, but went back home after less than an hour because the power transformer outside my window literally exploded taking out power to parts of our building and frying the power supply in my computer.

Back home, ended up with a short nap or three, which I think have left me a more out of it than not. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be back to normal, but I really hate red-eye flights.

No comments: