Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Lent and Happy New Year!

This year, I am not giving up Diet Coke or caffeine. I just can't do it. I am an addict, I get grumpy by 10:00 a.m. if I don't have my morning fix, and the headaches start after a day or two of abstinence. With the baby, with my crazy schedule, with a West Coast tradeshow this weekend, with everything else, I need my drug of choice to make it through the day.

Normally, I like the forced detoxing that Lent gives me, but this year I can't do it. Instead, I'm giving up chocolate, and maybe cookies, well, at least cookies with chocolate in them. Maybe I'll give up some other stuff too, but I haven't had any chocolate today (or cookies or broccoli for that matter, but I'm not giving up broccoli), so that one is still valid.

The other event of the day is that the lunar new year started at 5:32 p.m. yesterday evening in D.C., so — 新年好! 恭喜發財! Chúc mừng năm mới! 새해 복 많이 받으세요! สวัสดีปีใหม!

It's the Year of the Green Wooden Rooster (and as a Rooster, I have to feel good about that), and Myth*ingLinks has a lot of links to what that means ...

Other Stuff

Baby Audio: I don't know if I'll put up any more audio of Celeste, well maybe when she actually starts to form words ..., but I just got a new digital voice recorder (an Olympus DS330) for the aforementioned tradeshow, and decided to experiment with it some.

One cool thing about the DS330 is I can transfer the audio files to the PC for editing; the DSS software that came with it includes some editing features and can convert DSS format recordings to WAV files, which I then changed to MP3s with the shareware program MP3 WAV Converter 3.05.

No comments: