Friday, January 14, 2005

I Was Going to Blog Something ...

... I just can't remember what it was. There were at least three things today that I made a mental note to file away as blogworthy, but I can't for the life of me remember what they were.

So instead I'll talk about tacos. That's what we had for dinner tonight, and Evelin and I approached the taco-layering debate (such as there is one) from moderately different angles. The available stuffings were: cheddar cheese, refried beans, lettuce, salsa (from a jar), guacamole (fresh), and sautéed onions.

Evelin would spread the beans across the interior of the taco, add cheese, onions, guac, lettuce, and then salsa. She would allow for some variation, but beans then cheese and salsa last are sacrosanct for her.

I'd put the cheese in first, followed by beans, onions, salsa, guac, and then lettuce. My feeling is that this let's the cheese melt some between the heat of the taco and the beans, the onion-salsa-guac levels are just as they are, but the lettuce last gives you something to push against/hold that won't be as messy as the salsa or guacamole would be.

I know, this making for such riveting blogging. Maybe I was going to write about sleep deprivation and my new work/life schedule ...

No comments: