Thursday, January 27, 2005

Sleep & Sox

Whenever I tell someone about my new work schedule, the first question is “How do you like it?” or “How's that working out?" followed very quickly by "When do you go to sleep?"

My answer is, "Let's just say I don't watch Law & Order any more."

In general, I am getting tired a lot earlier, but that's okay; I just find myself reading in bed an hour or so earlier than I might have otherwise. Right now I'm reading Faithful, and King and O'Nan are talking about the West Coast games with 10:05 p.m. start times, which got me thinking — what am I going to do come baseball season? (Pitchers and catchers report in 19 days!)

Last year, I found myself more than a few times staying up until the wee hours of the morning either listening to the Beloved BoSox on the radio or using MLB Gameday to "watch" the action. Now, I might find myself being able to catch the end of a West Coast game that goes into extra innings when I'm waking up to go to work. It's going to take some willpower to go to sleep during a tight East Coast game ... or I'll just have to be tired. (Of course, being tired seems to be par for the course these days, so I'll be tired and happy so long as the Sox are winning ...)

No comments: