Monday, February 16, 2004

:-) :-) :-)

The newsroom has been massively busy, and I didn't want to post with a bunch of people over my shoulder, but I heard from Evelin ... all is well. The heartbeat was 147, and the fetus is measuring 7 weeks, 2 days.

Evelin somehow locked the keypad on her cell phone and couldn't call me right away, so I was sitting around The Green (the park across the street from the Charlotte Convention Center) for about an hour waiting for the call and getting progressively more and more nervous. Eventually, I figured people were going to start looking for me, so I headed back inside and, shortly thereafter, came the call.

[CORRECTION: Evelin did lock the keypad on her mobile, but the main reason it took so long for me to hear from her was that she had to wait for a while to get into the ultrasound and then there was all the talking to the doctors, etc. She ended up calling from a payphone in the lobby of the clinic building.]

I was so happy, and more than a bit stunned. I guess I was getting myself a little worked up, but now I just want to cry happy tears (which is sure to get people either to stare or to ask questions) while I try to get things edited and set on page ... Okay, I need to get back to work.

No comments: