Saturday, February 14, 2004

Heartbeats

Even if I'm not 100% sure that I saw the heartbeat on the ultrasound yesterday, it is so cool that everyone else did. I guess, further along, we'll actually be able to hear it, which will be amazing. I woke up early this morning, and while lying in bed I was listening to my heartbeat and Evelin's, which was conducted through the mattress to my ear. All the while, I kept smiling, knowing that a third heartbeat was there with us.

Until now, I think one of the coolest things I've ever heard was a dove's heartbeat. I went along on rounds with a veterinarian friend of mine, and she let me listen to the bird through the stethoscope. The heartbeat was so rapid and delicate -- part of which was probably due to the stress of being examined -- but it really was an amazing sound.

No comments: