Thursday, October 09, 2003

Irreconcilable Differences

Thankfully, Evelin and I will never have to worry about something like this: "Irreconcilable differences" (from today's Boston Globe). I'm originally from Louisiana, so the closest we had to a hometown MLB team was the Atlanta Braves (thanks to Ted Turner's cable empire), the Houston Astros (the physically closest team) or the Texas Rangers (again, due to proximity). I never could see the value of any of those guys, although I will admit to liking the A's in my youth (my brother, however, became a dedicated Braves fan). After I moved up to D.C., however, I discovered the Red Sox. A friend's brother was dating a girl from Boston at the time and thus was following the Sox; I watched some of the games with him and caught the fever. From there it was only a matter of time ...

No comments: