Sunday, February 20, 2005

Bad Husband ...

I must be being a better father these days, because Celeste is super smiley. She is in a really sunny "wonder week" period or something because she is giggling tons, smiling all the time, and not even fussing too much when it's time to go to bed. The 4:30 a.m. talking and wanting to hang out, well the smiles make up for that.

But I am being a terrible husband because I did not blog about the wonderful meal Evelin made for me on Friday night. I've had phở on the brain and have been way too focused on that, so I totally neglected (although I enjoyed immensely) the stuffed shells Evelin made. I'd been wanting something with tomato and pasta lately, and we had some ricotta leftover from the fantastic gnocchi she made a week or two ago, so the idea of manicotti or stuffed shells came up.

And Evelin came through in a big way. Very tasty and totally undeserved; especially since I called on my way home Friday to say that I could make the phở that night if she wanted.

Plus, Evelin was pretty clever in using a pastry bag to stuff the shells; she said it made things much quicker and less messy ...

No comments: